This post is sponsored by Hillshire Brands in partnership with Mom It Forward. However, all opinions are my own.
At our house, we need a protein in every meal. Hillshire Farm Lit’l Smokies have made it a breeze to add protein to our dishes. Sure, you can always eat mac and cheese plain, but doesn’t this look so much better?
Before shopping at Safeway, I always check my Just For U coupons and add anything I might pick up. The coupons are added right to my card! Right now, you can find some great coupons on Hillshire Brands, including this one for Lit’l Smokies.
So… I was pleasantly surprised to find them on sale at Safeway! Paired with the coupon, the deal was even better! I already had a plan for dinner and this just added to it!
Are you ready for an easy dinner? Well here it is!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package Hillshire Farm Beef Lit’l Smokies
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles (do not drain)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 oz ziti or penne pasta
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat until hot.
- Add Hillshire Farm Lit’l Smokies and cook until heated (just 2-3 minutes).
- Add beef broth, tomatoes (undrained), heavy cream, and pasta Stir all ingredients together.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer until pasta is tender (about 12-15 minutes depending on your pasta).
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
Who doesn’t love a one pot meal? I know in our family this dish is a big hit!
The Lit’l Smokies give it that perfect smoky flavor and combined with the little spice from the diced tomatoes, it’s pretty much a gooey party in your mouth. It’s yummy, quick, and doesn’t dirty up a bunch of dishes!
Be sure to check out these other yummy dishes featuring Hillshire Brands products: