I’m not sure what it is about meatloaf, but it definitely has a stigma. Maybe it’s because it doesn’t look the most appetizing. When I was younger, I spent quite a bit of time at a neighbor’s house, often for dinner. I remember her telling us she was making meatloaf and I was scolded for turning my nose up at it. She asked if I had ever tried meatloaf and my response only validated that I needed to try it. As it turns out, I loved meatloaf!
Charlie is not the biggest fan of meat, but when I make meatloaf, that boy can sure shovel it in! For this week’s Mini Chef Mondays post, he helped me make one of his favorite dishes: Meatloaf!
And the best part about making meatloaf? Mixing it up with your hands! What kid wouldn’t like squishing meat between their fingers?!?
You can always make a big meatloaf, but I prefer making mini meatloaves.
- 1½ cups dry stuffing mix
- ¾ cup salsa (I usually use a black bean and corn)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb ground beef
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients until well combined (hands work best).
- Form into 6-8 mini loaves and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes.
I usually use a corn and bean salsa, which adds in some extra veggies into the meal! Serve with potatoes and a green, you’ve got an amazing dinner!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Homemade Chocolate Nonpareils // Courtney’s Sweets
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie // Momma Lew
- Chocolate Banana Sundae Bites for Valentine’s Day // Baby Loving Mama
- Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe // We’re Parents
- Carrot Cake Cookies: Sneak in Veggies for Your Kids // Frugal Novice
- Strawberry Nutella Sandwich Recipe // Eating Richly
- Jumbo Sugar Cookie for Valentine’s Day // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- The Best Darn Chili in 2nd Grade // Step Stool Chef
- Lemon Squares with Shortbread Crust // Vegging at the Shore
- Kid-Approved Meatloaf // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Healthy Edible Snowman Food Craft // O’Boy! Organic
- Fruit Sushi // Can’t Google Everything