I have partnered with Hormel Foods as part of their Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me with material and yummy food, all opinions are my own.
In our February package from Hormel Foods, we found another package of pepperoni. Yay! Owen was jumping (well, he stomps his foot and bounces) with excitement. This boy will gobble down pepperoni right out of the package. This month, we received Turkey Pepperoni. I was a little unsure of it because let’s face it: we stick with what we know and new things are a little scary sometimes.
This is a favorite comfort food dish of mine that I’ve been eating forever. I remember growing up with it and taking the leftovers for lunch to school. The great part about this is that the leftovers don’t really need to be hot. They taste great right out of the fridge!
- Pepperoni – we used Hormel Turkey Pepperoni
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz cans)
- 8 oz of macaroni noodles(about half a box)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook macaroni al dente according to package.
- In a large casserole dish, combine shredded cheese, drained tomatoes, cooked macaroni and about half the package of pepperoni.
- Place remaining pepperonis on top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
I always use a large Pyrex casserole dish when I make mine, but they make really cute individual servings if you have smaller dishes to use.
I honestly could not tell the difference in the pepperoni in the dish. We’ll be swapping out our normal pepperoni for turkey pepperoni more often I think!
The boys both love this dish and of course I enjoy it. I love how simple it is and that it requires no extra seasoning. If you want, you can always use tomatoes that have seasoning added, but I usually just opt for the regular diced tomatoes.
The best part about this dish? These are all ingredients that we always have on hand.
How do you use pepperoni?